The TiltWatch XTR is a packaging indicator that monitors goods that require upright positioning during transportation. It is designed to be used only once and serves as a tamper-proof device. If the product is tilted beyond 80º, it will visually signal by turning red.
Tamper-Proof Tilt Indicator
Normal handling movements will not activate the packaging indicator. To enhance visibility, companion labels and alert stickers can be used with the tilt indicator. The packaging sensor is activated by removing the adhesive backing from the indicator.
If the cargo is tilted more than 80° or completely overturned, the sensor turns red, indicating it has exceeded the tilt limits. Once activated, avoid further tilting of the packaging.
Deter Mishandling Throughout the Supply Chain
Implementing this damage prevention solution reinforces proper handling procedures and encourages better material handling practices. It acts as a clear deterrent against mishandling throughout the supply chain.
The TiltWatch XTR indicator can be used in electronics, packaging, equipment, glass, furniture, and fixtures. For determining the direction and degree of tilt or if a complete overturn has occurred, the TiltWatch Plus is recommended.
- Detects tilt greater than 80°
- The indicator will not activate under normal handling
- Provides simple, cost-effective prevention of tilting
- Affixes directly to goods or packaging for clear visibility
- Reduces mishandling during transportation or storage
- Provides indisputable proof of mishandling
- Alerts recipient to inspect contents before acceptance
- Promotes chain of accountability for all product handling
- Confirms packaging effectiveness
- Aids in identifying trouble spots in the supply chain, from production to transportation and storage
- Oil-filled water heaters
- Aerospace & Defence
- Scientific and Technical Instruments
- Auto and Truck Parts
- Office Equipment
- Furniture and Fixtures
- Computer Hardware
- Logistics / Transport and Storage
- Industrial Equipment
- Activation Angle: 80° ± 5% from vertical
- Monitoring Range: Single plane
- Humidity Tolerance: 5-99% non-condensing
- Temperature Tolerance: -40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F)
- Composition: Rigid polystyrene housing with stainless steel indicator
- Arming: Arms coincident with the removal of adhesive liner
- Dimensions (W x L x D): 2.9” x 2.7” 0.2” (73.66 mm x 68.58 mm 5.08 mm)
- Installation: Pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes to accommodate small screws, nails, or staples for rough wood surfaces.
- Customisation: Private logos are available on orders above 3500 units.
- Adhesive Shelf Life: 2 years
TiltWatch Product Brochure: Download