ShockWatch Tiltwatch XTR
The ShockWatch TiltWatch XTR is a single-use tip packaging indicator designed for monitoring goods that must remain upright during transportation. It is tamper-proof and will visually alert users if the product is tilted beyond 80º by turning red. However, the packaging indicator will not be activated by movement due to normal handling conditions. Companion labels and alert stickers are used to enhance the visibility of the TiltWatch XTR Tilt Indicator. The packaging sensor is activated by removing the adhesive backing from the indicator. When cargo is tilted more than 80° or entirely overturned, the sensor turns red to indicate tilting above these limits. Once after the indicator is activated, do not tilt the packaging right or left.
ShockWatch Tiltwatch XTR Benefits
- Reduces mishandling during transportation or storage
- Provides indisputable proof of mishandling
- Alerts recipient to inspect contents before acceptance
- Promotes chain of accountability for all product handling
- Confirms packaging effectiveness
- Aids in identifying trouble spots in the supply chain, from production to transportation and storage
ShockWatch Tiltwatch XTR Applications
- Oil-filled water heaters
- Aerospace & Defence
- Scientific and Technical Instruments
- Auto and Truck Parts
- Office Equipment
- Furniture and Fixtures
- Computer Hardware
- Logistics / Transport and Storage
- Industrial Equipment
Implementation of this damage prevention programme provides psychological reinforcement of proper handling procedures and encourages better handling from material handlers. It provides an obvious deterrent to mishandling throughout the supply chain. This indicator is most successful with the collaboration of the business’s people, carriers, and customers.
The TiltWatch XTR indicator is used for applications involving electronics, packaging, equipment, glass, furniture, and fixtures. Please watch our video to learn more about the TiltWatch XTR. To determine if the tilt of the product is towards the left or right, the degree of tilt, or if a complete overturn has occurred, refer to the ShockWatch TiltWatch Plus.
- Detects tilt greater than 80°
- Indicator will not activate under normal handling
- Provides simple, cost-effective prevention of tilting
- Affixes directly to goods or packaging for clear visibility
- Activation Angle: 80° ± 5% from vertical
- Monitoring Range: Single plane
- Humidity Tolerance : 5-99% non-condensing
- Temperature Tolerance: -40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F)
- Composition: Rigid polystyrene housing with stainless steel indicator
- Arming: Arms coincident with the removal of adhesive liner
- Dimensions (W x L x D): 2.9” x 2.7” 0.2” (73.66 mm x 68.58 mm 5.08 mm)
- Installation: Pressure-sensitive adhesive and/or holes to accommodate small screws, nails, or staples for rough wood surfaces.
- Customisation: Private logos available on orders above 3500 units.
- Adhesive Shelf Life: 2 years
TiltWatch Product Brochure: Download