VCI (Volatile Corrosion Inhibitor) stretch film protects metal components from corrosion during storage and transportation. It is a plastic stretch film that contains volatile corrosion inhibitors. These inhibitors are chemicals that vaporize and create a protective atmosphere around the metal, preventing rust and corrosion.
Corrosion Protection for Metals
VCI stretch film is made of polyethene and is available in various thicknesses and widths. It can be applied manually or with stretch wrapping machines, like regular stretch film. The VCI chemicals in the film are activated when the film comes into contact with the metal surface, forming a protective barrier that inhibits the corrosion process.
When applied, this stretchable material securely adheres to surfaces. Its transparent film enables workers to inspect contents without opening or exposing them visually. It is suitable for irregular surfaces and oversized metal parts that traditional VCI packaging films struggle to adhere to. The corrosion protection film is versatile, suitable for transportation and storage, and an effective solution for safeguarding metal products.
Securely Adheres to Surfaces
VCI stretch film can be used in metal manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, and machinery production. Exporters can use the rust prevention film to ensure that metal products remain in excellent condition, free from rust and corrosion, throughout their storage and shipping processes.
- RoHS 2 Compliant
- Odourless, non-toxic
- Excellent clarity and cling
- Proven corrosion inhibitor chemistry
- Strong, stretchable, and stays in place
- Lightweight, durable and flexible VCI-coated woven fabric
- Effectively seals off humidity, moisture, oxygen, salt spray, aromas, grease, and other airborne contaminants
- Parts stay clean, dry, and corrosion-free without the need for additional cleaning
- Ideal rust prevention for uneven, oddly shaped or large metal parts during storage and shipment
- Available in standard one mil rolls of 18″ and 20″ width, 1,500ft and 4,500ft length