VCI chipboard is made from cellulose fibres impregnated with vapour corrosion inhibitors. They form a protective layer on metal surfaces, preventing corrosion and rust.
Protects Metal from Corrosion
The rust prevention solution embedded within the chipboard actively releases corrosion inhibitors, creating a barrier that protects the metal surfaces from oxidation and corrosion. This helps to extend the shelf life and maintain the quality of the packaged metal items.
VCI chipboard can be used for packaging and storing metal parts and components. It provides a cost-effective and efficient solution for protecting metal items during transportation and storage, especially when moisture and other corrosive agents are present.
Environmentally Friendly and Recyclable
The chipboard is available in various dimensions and thicknesses, depending on the specific application requirements. It can be easily cut, folded, or formed into different shapes to suit the packaging needs. Standard VCI chipboard measures 1″ x 1″ and covers approximately 40-60 cubic inches volume.
The chipboard incorporates VCI on both sides, providing dual protection and ease of use. Additionally, it is an environmentally friendly and recyclable solution. It aims to safeguard sealed, small metal parts by preventing rust and corrosion.
- Proven corrosion inhibitor chemistry
- Small, thin, and lightweight design to fit into tight or restricted spaces
- Covers a wide range of ferrous/non-ferrous metals as well as multi-metal combinations
- Does not interfere with the performance of electrical or mechanical equipment
- Non-toxic, safe, and fully recyclable
- 1” x 1” chip protects 25 cubic inches
- 2” x 2” chip protects 100 cubic inches
- Vapor Wrapper VCI Chips: Multi-purpose corrosion inhibitor paper chips to protect ferrous metals such as iron, steel, cast iron, and other ferrous metals
- Uniwrap VCI Chips: Multi-purpose corrosion inhibitor paper chips for protection of ferrous, non-ferrous metal, or multi-metal applications