HDPE Plastic Bags
HDPE plastics, which stand for high-density polyethylene, are low-cost thermoplastic polymers with linear structure and no or low degree of branching. Manufactured at a low temperature of 70ºC-300°C and pressure (10-80 bar), it is derived from either the catalytic cracking of crude oil into gasoline or modifying natural gases such as ethane, methane, or propane mix.
There are seven general plastic categories, each constructed from different combinations of resins. These different classifications can be easily identified on plastic containers based on the triangular arrows with numbering in the middle. Classified as the number 2 plastic, HDPE is produced mainly by using two different techniques:
- Slurry Polymerisation – Polymerisation of monomers in the form of dispersed monomer particles
- Gas-phase Polymerisation – Polymerisation of monomers in the form of a vapourised monomer, fluidised catalyst, and polymer particles in a fluidised bed reactor
- Transparent, economical, lightweight, and extremely strong
- Resistant against Various Elements – HDPE is resistant to solvents such as water. It also protects against alcohols, diluted alkalis, acids, and grease. The durable plastic is also corrosion-resistant, allowing it to resist mould, rotting, and mildew. However, it is ineffective against hydrocarbons such as aromatic, aliphatic, and halogenated).
- Highly Flexible – The HDPE material is easily malleable and moulded. The plastic is often moulded into various shapes across various applications such as detergent bottles, food storage containers, milk jugs, pipes, and many more.
- Industrial-Grade, NSF, FDA, and USDA Approved – Allows safe contact with food products
- Recyclable – Recycling this plastic category is widely possible, whether rigid (e.g. containers) or flexible (e.g. bags). These recycled plastics are often found in the assembling of toy products.
HDPE Plastic Bags are suitable for various industries. The high resistance feature of the plastic material makes it the go-to choice for creating packaging solutions such as plastic bags, garbage bags, laundry bags, grocery bags, and air pillows, among others. Its extreme impact strength helps to protect the inner composition of products.
Here at Stream Peak, we also offer other forms of packaging solutions for food products. Desiccants, oxygen absorbers, and ethylene absorbers are available to prolong the shelf life of food products and maintain their freshness and quality.
- Cost-effective, lightweight, transparent & extremely durable
- Resistance against alcohols, diluted acids, alkalis, grease & solvents such as water
- Highly flexible, which makes it malleable and easily moulded into various shapes & sizes
- Industrial-grade, FDA, NSF and USDA-approved