ShockWatch® RFID (radio-frequency identification) ensures minimal damage incidents throughout the supply chain. When an RFID reader remotely scans a package, the impact label automatically records its condition in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software or warehouse management system.
By integrating RFID inventory management with impact-damage monitoring, users can effectively prevent, detect and diagnose damage at every stage of the supply chain.
Instant Reporting with Shock Monitoring
Automated reporting allows remote reading inside boxes, crates, or packages, eliminating reliance on visual indicators. ShockWatch RFID automatically identifies products requiring damage inspections, distinguishing them from undamaged items. The impact label establishes accountability by pinpointing the location of damage incidents, facilitating the prompt resolution of underlying issues.
Scanning the product into the system instantly reports any g-force threshold events, enabling swift evaluation of packages for damage. This allows mid-shipment diversion of products for inspection and expedites the shipment of critical replacement items without awaiting the shipment’s arrival.
Prevent, Detect and Diagnose Damage in the Supply Chain
Any UHF RFID reader can read the shock indicators, offering a system for damage reporting. The tamperproof shock indicators also visually indicate impact exceeding a specific g-force threshold by turning red, signalling the need for quality inspection.
Monitoring packages reduces damage by 40-60%, resulting in fewer repairs or replacements, minimized delays and disruptions and reduced claims. Use companion labels with ShockWatch® RFID for clear instructions if the damage is suspected.
- RFID Enabled Impact Indicator
- Field armable
- Tamper proof
- Acts as a visual deterrent to mishandling
- Expands the utility of RFID with damage monitoring
- Reduces receiving times and isolates items that need an inspection
- Reduces mishandling through awareness
- It helps identify trouble spots in the supply chain from production to transportation to storage
- Automotive Parts
- Medical Devices
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Musical Instruments
- Medical Instruments
- Aerospace & Defense
- Building Materials
- Indication Type: RFID, visual green to red colour change
- Activation Method: Field armable
- Security: Tamper Proof, Serialized (OCR Format)
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to 80°C
- Dimensions: 42.93 mm x 42.93 mm x 6.35 mm
- RFID Type: ISO 18000-6 / EPC Gen 2
- Sensitivity: 5G, 10G, 15G, 25G, 37G, 50G, 75G
- Impact Duration: 0.5 to 50msecs
- Accuracy: +15% at 20°C / 68°F, 1 ATM
- Product Life: 2 years from the date of manufacture when stored at 20°C / 68°F, 1 ATM
- Storage Recommendation: 20°C / 68°F, 1 ATM, 0-99% RH Non-condensing
- Responsiveness: Responds to a single impact
- ShockWatch RFID – 5G
- ShockWatch RFID – 10G
- ShockWatch RFID – 15G
- ShockWatch RFID – 25G
- ShockWatch RFID – 37G
- ShockWatch RFID – 50G
- ShockWatch RFID – 75G
ShockWatch RFID Product Brochure: Download