The ShockWatch RFID is an impact and shock packaging indicator fitted with a passive RFID chip in every unit, scanned with a standard RFID reader to detect any damage before entering the assembly line. It allows companies to leverage the inventory tracking benefits of RFID and the benefits of an impact monitoring program. Like the ShockWatch 2, it is field-armable, tamper-proof, and provides visual alerts to users by turning red when a product has been dropped or mishandled during the transit.
The RFID technology in ShockWatch RFID helps improve inventory tracking processes in the supply chain and reduces the damage of up to 60% without batteries and wires. It is easily possible to track the trouble spots in the supply chain and improve as it is armed with data. The RFID enables the receiver to be notified of any potential damaging impact made. If the ShockWatch RFID has activated, the receiver will be alerted for further inspection. Otherwise, shipment is moved into saleable inventory. For applications, the ShockWatch RFID is to be attached outside of packages and scanned using a standard UHF reader.
- Can be scanned with a standard UHF reader
- Sensitivity Range: 5-75G
- Duration: 0.5-50ms
- RFID Type: ISO18000-6/EPC Gen 2
- Tolerance: ± 15% at 20°C/68°F, 1 ATM
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to 80°C (-13°F to 176°F)
- Weight (varies by sensitivity): ~5.05g
- Dimensions: 1.69in x 1.69in x 0.25in (42.93mm x 42.93mm x 6.35mm)
- Security: Tamperproof/Serialised
- Shelf Life: 2 years when stored at standard temperature and pressure (20°C/68°F, 1 ATM)
- Storage Recommendations: 20°C/68°F, 1 ATM, 0 – 99% RH Non-condensing
- Adhesive: Acrylic
ShockWatch RFID Product Brochure: Download