ShockWatch impact labels provide a cost-effective solution to prevent mishandling, reduce damage costs and indicate potential impacts during transit or storage. These indicators clearly show if fragile products have been exposed to damaging impacts. The tamperproof shock labels are activated upon impact, turning bright red.
Detect Potential Impacts during Transit or Storage
ShockWatch shock labels serve as a visual deterrent and detection mechanism. The circular indicator in the centre of the label remains white if the package has been handled properly. However, if mishandling occurs, the indicator shows full or partial red colouration. Any red in the impact indicators window alerts receivers to inspect the package for potential damage.
By prominently displaying red indicators upon impact, ShockWatch labels discourage the careless handling of packages. These tamperproof and mechanically activated labels are designed to stay secure and activate only in response to impacts.
To select the most suitable impact label, consider the non-operating shock specifications and match the label’s sensitivity to the level of impact the product and packaging can withstand. Alternatively, refer to the label selection guide, which considers the mass and size of the shipment.
- Acts as a visual deterrent to improper handling
- Reduces mishandling through awareness
- Provides indisputable evidence of mishandling
- Alerts recipient to inspect contents before acceptance
- Promotes chain of accountability for all product handling
- Confirms the effectiveness of packaging
- Helps to identify trouble spots in the supply chain, from production to transportation and storage
- Helps increase the quality of product from dock to dock
- Sensitivity Range: 25-100G
- Duration: 0.5-50ms
- Tolerance: ± 15% at 20°C/68°F, 1 ATM
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to 80°C (-13°F to 176°F)
- Weight (Varies by sensitivity): ~2.37g
- Dimensions: 3.8 in x 3.8 in (96.52 mm x 96.52 mm)
- Security: Tamperproof/Serialised (optional)
- Shelf life: 2 years when stored at standard temperature and pressure (20°C/68°F, 1 ATM)
- Storage Recommendations: 20°C/68°F, 1 ATM, 0-99% RH Non-condensing
- Adhesive: Acrylic
- Customisation: Private logos (Minimum quantity applies)
|0 – 1ft3||1 – 5 ft3||5 – 15 ft3||15 – 50 ft3||50+ ft3|
|0 – 10 lbs||L-30 (100G)||L-30 (100G)||L-35 (75G)||L-35 (75G)||L-35 (75G)|
|10 – 25 lbs||L-30 (110G)||L-35 (75G)||L-35 (75G)||L-47 (50G)||L-47 (50G)|
|25 – 50 lbs||L-35 (75G)||L-35 (75G)||L-47 (50G)||L-47 (50G)||L-55 (37G)|
|50 –100 lbs||L-35 (75G)||L-47 (50G)||L-47 (50G)||L-55 (37G)||L-55 (37G)|
|100 –250 lbs||L-47 (50G)||L-47 (50G)||L-55 (37G)||L-55 (37G)||L-65 (25G)|
|250 –1000 lbs||L-47 (50G)||L-47 (50G)||L-55 (37G)||L-65 (25G)||L-65 (25G)|
ShockWatch Label Product Brochure: Download