A pallet is also known as a skid is a flat transport structure. The packaging material is used as a base to support goods in the supply chain by a front loader, a crane, or a forklift.
The packaging material serves as a structural foundation of a unit load. Placing shipping containers or packed goods on a pallet allows businesses to protect them from damage together with a high-quality polymer shrink wrap material, like HDPE.
Skid plays an essential role in the transportation of products. One pallet is typically able to handle a load of up to 1,000 kg.
Using pallets for loading and unloading, regardless of the nature of goods, provides businesses with several benefits such as:
- Improves efficiency in transportation – The use of pallet creates convenience during transportation by enabling the stacking of smaller goods, which makes tracking easier. Items stacked can also be used with various pallet protection tools, to ensure that products are secured and fixed in place, preventing movements. It is also available in different shapes and sizes, resulting in lifting and stacking using equipment such as forklifts easier.
- Protect goods during shipping – Using pallet together with pallet protection tools such as gusseted tubing and pallet wrap, guarantees that assets are tightly secured. This process prevents movement during transit which might result in impact damages caused by knocks and bumps of individual items.
- High durability and strength – In comparison with other tools such as cardboard boxes, pallets are more durable in nature, allowing a large quantity and heavier goods to be stack without breaking. Furthermore, its elevated feature ensures that items are free from contact with dirt, debris and water.
- Reusable and recyclable – Pallets can be reused multiple times throughout the supply chain before becoming tattered and worn out, and sent for recycling. Complete recyclable regardless of the material, it can be melted down when made of plastic/ metal material or be burned, shredded or used for other purposes for compost when made of wood, making pallets a go-to load securement solution for environmentally conscious owners.
Here in Stream Peak, we offer pallets made of various materials including:
- Aluminum Pallets
- Corrugated Pallets
- Foam Pallets
- Metal Pallets
- Plastic Pallets
- Plywood Pallets
- Steel Pallets
- Wooden Pallets
Types of pallets available include:
- Two-Way pallets
- Four-Way pallets
- Euro Size pallets
- New and Used pallets
- Paper pallets need no treatment against insects
- Due to its light weight, the cost savings in freight can be huge especially for cargoes going by air
- Freight shipment