Made from molecular sieve and polymer, VMAP can be customised into complex shapes.
Manufactured from molecular sieve (60%) and polymer (40%), this Versatile Moisture Adsorbing Polymer (VMAP) is ideal for adsorbing odours and other volatile organic compounds. Its composition allows the shape of the polymer-based desiccant to be customised for applications that require complex shapes to fit the available space.
A practical alternative to desiccant bags, the VMAP minimises the risk of fibre loss and desiccant dust contamination. Thus, this desiccant is perfect for applications that require a high level of cleanliness, such as electronics, sensors, semiconductors, medical devices, circuit boards, optics, shipping, and storage. The operating temperature ranges from -40 degree celsius to 90 degree Celsius.
The structure can be readily fixed in place using screw fasteners, adhesives, or other mechanical retention methods. This polymer desiccant is incorporated with controlled adsorption properties to prolong the life of the desiccant, reducing maintenance costs. This feature indicates that the desiccant is optimised for long time frame operations, protecting the product for a very long time.
- Customisable shapes
- Caters for both low and high production quantities
- Easy to install
- High adsorption capacity
- Low dusting and particle loss
- Can be reactivated
- Low start-up cost for small batch manufacturing
- Excellent electrical insulator
- Polymer: TCP
- Desiccant: Molecular Sieves (60%)
- Operating Temperature: -40oC to +90oC
- Adsorption Capacity (Nom): 10-15% by weight at 50% RH at 22oC Typical Adsorption Rate: 0.03 grams per 20 days