Monitor and record impact and environmental conditions during transportation and storage with ShockLog® 248. The impact data logger ensures that shipments maintain optimal performance and safety throughout the journey. The logger sends immediate alerts when it detects unacceptable conditions, enabling users to inspect and remediate the issues before receiving the shipment.
Impact Monitoring in Applications
The ShockLog® 248 is available in 10G, 30G, and 100G impact scale ranges, offering flexibility to suit different applications. It monitors impact and internal temperatures, providing peak value and summarizing period journey profile data. With the ability to record detailed impact curves of up to 15 events, it captures the first and 14 most severe circumstances. The event summary log can maintain up to 128 event notifications and 262,000 time slots.
Setting up, accessing, and downloading data is easy through the USB or iButton® interface. Downloading an overview of records through the iButton® interface ensures unit security and tamperproof functionality. The USB port allows for total data retrieval, complete programming control, and seamless export to programs like Excel for analysis.
Ensure the integrity and safety of shipments
The ShockLog® 248 impact data logger finds applications in automotive parts, transportation (rail cars, cranes, trucking fleets), logistics, medical devices and supplies, packaging and crating, water treatment, and electronics. Place the ShockLog® 248 on structures and goods to monitor impact and temperature conditions, helping improve packaging requirements. Receive alerts for inspection and remediation upon arrival at the next stop.
- Record max peak X, Y, and Z and internal temperature
- Record impact events for up to 15 events
- Field-proven triaxial piezoelectric accelerometer technology
- Show direction of impact—X, Y, and Z
- User-definable alarm levels
- Programmable wake-up levels to maximise battery life
- LED lights for visual notification of alarms and warnings
- Self-contained unit design, free of hazardous cables and wires
- iButton® and USB data transfer options
- IP67-rated, RF-screened
- Temperature/humidity sensor built into unit (optional)
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)
- Size: 3.3in x 3.3in x 2.2in (84mm x 84mm x 55mm)
- Weight: 1.1lbs/445g (without battery)
- Battery: One (1) 3.6V Lithium Thionyl Chloride OR One (1) 1.5V Alkaline Size AA
- Battery Life: 12 months (with lithium battery)
- Scale Factor: ± 2%
- Acceleration Range (Factory Set): ± 10G, ± 30G, ± 100G
- Cut-Off Frequency Options (Factory Set): 40Hz, 90Hz, and 250Hz
- Warning and Alarm Threshold (% of Range): 11–95%
- Wake-Up Time: 0.25ms
- Time Slot: 262,000
- Time Slot Length: 10 seconds to one hour
- Humidity: 0 -100% RH
- Temperature: -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)
- Dew Point: -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F), 0 -100R% RH