The ShockLog® Satellite is a state-of-the-art technology that combines the features of the ShockLog® 298 impact recorder and a satellite communication module that delivers impact recording, real-time reporting, and asset location. It is suitable for applications involving logistics, medical devices and supplies, packaging and crating, water treatment, and electronics.
The ShockLog® Satellite data logger monitors and report impact events, vibration, internal temperature, peak value (time slot), and summarise period journey profile data. Using a satellite network, users can locate their goods throughout the day. When the goods encounter unacceptable conditions, users will receive real-time email or text alerts to allow immediate action. Users can set and receive an asset location report every four hours, reassuring suppliers by assigning accountability when the goods have been damaged upon reaching customers’ place.
This versatile device is also preprogrammed with parameters optimised for the assets, allowing users to customise impact recorder settings such as impact scale and frequency filters. Preprogrammed configuration allows the data logger to record 108 events at the highest sampling rate or 870 at a lower sampling rate. When the journey has ended, the entire data set will be available for download and analysis. The ShockLog Report View provides an overview of the whole trip, including peak acceleration values for all 3-axis reported timely and detailed impact curves. The data logger results suggest where and when mishandling has occurred, thus, allowing better route planning and damage reduction.
- Best-in-class recording and post-journey analytics
- Web-hosted tracking application
- Real-time reporting of critical events
- A robust power source that lasts up to 12 months
- Knowledge of shipment delays while en route or in customs
- Records shock impact events; max peaks X, Y, and Z, gRMS, and internal temperature
- Preprogrammed configuration records up to 108 events at a high sampling rate.
- User-configurable option records up to 870 events (with shorter journey duration or custom messaging contract)
- Sends real-time alert and location when the event occurs
- Delivers asset location report every 4 hours
- Operating Temperature Range: -30°C to 60°C (-86°F to 140°F)
- The device will remain operational over the -40°C to 85°C range, though it may experience battery life and RD signal degradation.
- Size: 12.61in x 9.41in x 4.69in (320.3mm x 239mm x 119.1mm)
- Weight: 9.7lbs/4.4kg
- Battery: Two (2) 3.6V AA Lithium (ShockLog) / Four (4) 1.5V AA Lithium (Satellite Module) / Four (4) 3.6V C-Sized Lithium (Optional Battery Pack)
- Battery Life: Up to 3 months standard (additional 3 months with optional battery pack)
- Enclosure Rating: NEMA 1, 3, 4X, 6P, 12
- Scale Factor Accuracy at 5G: ± 2%
- Additional Error Other Ranges: ± 2%
- Acceleration Range: ± 1 to ± 200G
- Cut-off Frequency Options (Programmable): 10Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz, and 250Hz
- Wake-Up, Warning, and Alarm Threshold (% of Range): 5–95%
- Wake-Up Time: 2.5ms
- Satellite Technology: Global LEO Satellite operation using Globalstar Simplex Data Networks