ShockLog® 248 monitors and records impact and environmental conditions during transportation and storage. When a shipment has encountered unacceptable conditions that might affect its performance or safety, users will send alerts, calling for immediate inspection and remediation before the shipment is received. The shock data recorder will help to deter mishandling by increasing accountability throughout the journey.
Available in 10G, 30G, 100G impact scale ranges, the ShockLog® 248 Impact Data Logger can monitor impact and internal temperatures. This data logger provides peak value (time slot) and summarises period journey profile data. The device can also record detailed impact curves of up to 15 events (featuring the first and 14 most severe circumstances). Its event summary log will maintain up to 128 event notifications and 262,000-time slots.
Users can set up, access, and download data via USB or iButton® interface. An overview of records can be downloaded through the iButton® interface while keeping the unit secure and tamperproof. The USB port allows users to retrieve total data, complete programming control over the device, and export data into programs like Excel for analysis.
The ShockLog® 248 Impact Data Logger is suitable for applications involving automotive parts, transportation (i.e., rail cars, cranes, trucking fleets), logistics, medical devices and supplies, packaging and crating, water treatment, and electronics. For usage, put the ShockLog® 248 on structures and goods to monitor the impact and temperature conditions to help improve packaging requirements. Data recorder allows the user to receive alerts for inspection and remediation when the goods arrive at the next stop.
- Record max peak X, Y, and Z and internal temperature
- Record impact events for up to 15 events
- Field-proven triaxial piezoelectric accelerometer technology
- Show direction of impact—X, Y, and Z
- User-definable alarm levels
- Programmable wake-up levels to maximise battery life
- LED lights for visual notification of alarms and warnings
- Self-contained unit design, free of hazardous cables and wires
- iButton® and USB data transfer options
- IP67-rated, RF-screened
- Temperature/humidity sensor built into unit (optional)
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)
- Size: 3.3in x 3.3in x 2.2in (84mm x 84mm x 55mm)
- Weight: 1.1lbs/445g (without battery)
- Battery: One (1) 3.6V Lithium Thionyl Chloride OR One (1) 1.5V Alkaline Size AA
- Battery Life: 12 months (with lithium battery)
- Scale Factor: ± 2%
- Acceleration Range (Factory Set): ± 10G, ± 30G, ± 100G
- Cut-Off Frequency Options (Factory Set): 40Hz, 90Hz, and 250Hz
- Warning and Alarm Threshold (% of Range): 11–95%
- Wake-Up Time: 0.25ms
- Time Slot: 262,000
- Time Slot Length: 10 seconds to one hour
- Humidity: 0 -100% RH
- Temperature: -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)
- Dew Point: -40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F), 0 -100R% RH