Condensation Terminator Sheet
The Condensation Terminator (CT) Sheet is an absorbent dew-condensation countermeasure to moisture damage in cargo. Shipping container condensation causes moisture damage to goods. The CT Sheet is a simple and efficient cold chain packaging solution to protect products from moisture damage.
Shipping Container Condensation
When the container walls become cooler than the air’s dewpoint within the container, shipping container condensation occurs. Due to the metal material, containers are great temperature insulators and may quickly rise or drop according to their environment. During condensation, moisture vapours turn into liquid form, rise, and collect on the container’s walls and roof. It builds up and eventually drips off these surfaces and onto the goods.
This may cause much damage to goods, such as; packaging deterioration, mould, corrosion, mildew, caking of powder, and much more. All these will cause further damage to your goods within the packaging, resulting in loss of goods when shipping bulk or expensive items, even a small amount of goods loss will result in a significant monetary loss, significantly affecting your business’s profitability. Stream Peak offers various solutions to cater to different industry needs, from small bags of desiccants to poles and our CT Sheet to counter shipping container condensation.
Condensation Terminator Sheet
Stream Peak’s Condensation Terminator Sheet is a newly developed water-absorbing sheet that catches dew-condensation droplets from the container’s ceiling. It is specially designed to allow water vapour to pass through and acts as a barrier to water droplets.
After attaching the CT Sheet to the container’s interior, ensure it is firmly in place and secure. When shipping container condensation occurs, water vapour will continue to rise, pass through the CT Sheet, and reach the top of the container. Once the droplets have built up at the top, they will drip onto the CT Sheet and remain on the CT Sheet. The sheet is durable and will not sag down significantly even after absorbing a large amount of water!
With the CT Sheet, water droplets no longer reach goods within the container, and products are protected and free from moisture damage throughout transit.
- CT Sheets come with unique hooks. Hang these hooks to the lashing rings and tie the ropes to the lashing bars at each corner.
- Attach the innermost sides and door sides of the CT Sheet to the ceiling with adhesive tapes
- Keep around 20cm between the top of the cargo and the CT Sheet.
- Prevent the cargo from touching the sheet
- Wipe dirt/oil off both the top of the cargo and the CT Sheet
- Keep the tape areas of the container dry to ensure the CT Sheet remains in place.
- CT Sheet cannot be attached without lashing rings at roof corners.
The Condensation Terminator Sheet is applicable in the following:
- CT Sheets provide a simple, easy-to-use, and effective solution to moisture damage. Installation and removal only require around 5 minutes with our special hooks.
- After use, there is no need to clean up the container. The CT Sheets can be separated into burnable and non-combustible for easy storage.
- Applicable for various goods, our CT Sheets are versatile, providing a one-stop solution to any goods. Applicable to steel wire, wire ropes, precision machines, machine parts, raw materials for cosmetics & chemicals, high water content food, goods that give off a large amount of moisture, and much more.
- The performance of the CT Sheet may vary according to the physical properties of cargo and climatic conditions en route.
- CT Sheet to be stored in cartons and kept away from hot/humid conditions such as a fire.
- Prevents moisture damage
- No obvious sagging
- Simple installation
- Separable into burnable and non-combustible
- No need to clean up
- Versatile, applicable for a wide variety of goods
Condensation Terminator Sheet Product Brochure: Download