Bubble Wrap Vs Packing Peanuts
When preparing to deliver a product from one place to another, some fragile products might need additional protective packaging to avoid damage via transport. In such scenarios, you might wonder whether bubble wrap or packing peanuts will provide more protection for the goods.
Keep reading to learn how bubble wrap stacks up against packing peanuts where protection of your goods is concerned.
Bubble Wrap and Packing Peanuts: Basic Definitions
Bubble wrap is a plastic sheet that features air pockets. These pockets help to cushion fragile items. You can get Bubble wrap in various forms that include sheets, rolls, etc. Some of these feature large volumes of small-sized air bubbles, whereas others have fewer air pockets in number, but their size is considerably larger. You should know that the bigger the bubbles’ size, the greater protection you can provide for goods during transit.
Small pieces of Styrofoam you can use packing peanuts to fill up space and assist in preventing your goods from receiving stock in large moving boxes.
Packing peanuts are Styrofoam pieces that can prove immensely useful for individuals who are getting ready to move. These small-sized foam bits ideally used for filling unfilled space instead of for cushioning. What that means is that people ought to make use of packing peanuts to prevent goods from shifting around inside big boxes.
On the other hand, Bubble wrap is perfect for cushioning products. Bubble wrap can be used individually for product packaging. That reduces the likelihood of product damage during transit.
Pros and Cons of Bubble Wrap
The following are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using bubble wrap.
- When you use bubble wrap, you have to unwrap it and discard it away when you are finished. Hence, you do not create a mess and can keep everything clean.
- Lightweight product and easy to find and carry
- You can recycle and reuse it, and biodegradable options are available as well.
- Although more costly compared to packing peanuts, bubble wrap is still relatively low-cost.
- When you use bubble wrap for packaging, you have to individually wrap every product to acquire the same protection level as packing peanuts, which takes more effort.
Pros and Cons of Packing Peanuts
Just like bubble wrap, packing peanuts has its pros and cons.
- One benefit of packing peanuts over bubble wrap is that you can push goods down into the former, so they are correctly protected and surrounded. Furthermore, you can fill up a box partway, position the product ( that you have to transport) in the centre and then complete filling up the box to make sure that the item does not slide and you can protect it adequately.
- Biodegradable options easily available
- Generally more economical compared to bubble wrap.
- You can reuse it repeatedly.
- You cannot recycle those peanuts that are non-biodegradable
- Your items can shift inside the box if you do not make use of enough of them
When to Make Use of Bubble Wrap vs Packing Peanuts?
Deciding when to utilize bubble wrap or packing peanuts is contingent on the item you have to protect during transport. Loose goods that you will place in a box ought to be secured with the help of packing peanuts so that they do not slide into one another.
As for goods that have easily scratched surfaces or breakable components, the best practice is to use bubble wrap. This is also applicable to goods like artwork, fine china, glassware, electronics, and mirrors. Even if certain goods are wrapped in bubble sheets, you can still strengthen their protection by filling up the box with packing peanuts to prevent them from moving too much inside the packaging box and eventually break.
One distinct benefit of using packing peanuts rather than bubble wrap is that you can completely immerse items in a packing peanuts box, which makes them more protected and secure. When you use bubble wrap, on the other hand, you have to wrap every item to get the same protection level individually. You do not have the luxury of the additional space fillers to prevent your goods from sliding and shifting inside the box.
Think about what your objective is behind packing your items and what you are trying to avoid. Once you can determine that, you will know if you ought to use packing peanuts, bubbles, or a combination of these two.
If you are still unable to figure out which packing material you will require, you can always engage movers’ services that provide packing services. They have ample experience to inform you which material (bubble wrap or packing peanuts) will suit you best.
Which is the Better Packaging Material
To summarize, when comparing bubble wrap and packing peanuts against their pros and cons against each other, you will realize that neither is superior to the other since both of them serve their unique benefits. Bubble wrap safeguards an item’s surface, and packing peanuts helps prevent movement while soundly cushioning the goods in the packaging box.
Just keep in mind that before you go out and buy either bubble wrap or packing peanuts, it is essential to make sure that you know the packaging requirements.